After having obtained the private pilot licence, I looked for a website with tips for flight excursions to do in the region: spots to see, restaurants by the aerodromes, times, recommendations, etc. I haven’t found yet such a web (1).
I, therefore, thought that it would be helpful for other pilots in a similar situation if I compiled here the different blog posts where I have shared some info about flight excursions and also to improve the content of future posts on the subject including more info about times, recommendations, navigation logs…
Except otherwise indicated, the base aerodrome is always Toulouse – Lasbordes.
- Auch (fly over Blagnac and Airbus facilities).
- Cathar castles (Saissac, Lastours, Carcassone, Termes, Queribus, Peyrepertuse, Puylaurens, Puivert and Montsegur).
- Corsica: three posts, first, second and third.
- Flying Legends air show at Duxford, England (by way of Loire valley, Le Mans, Isle of Wight, Shuttleworth collection, East of London, Normandy coast, Omaha beach and Mont Saint Michel).
- Loire valley.
- Malause’s phare aéronautique (via Montech and Moissac).
- Menorca and Mallorca.
- Montferrand’s phare aéronautique and the Pyrenees (including phare at Baziège, Montségur and Ax Bonascre).
- Najac (plus Cordes-sur-Ciel, St. Antonin de Noble Val, Bruniquel, Larroque and Puycelci).
- Rocamadour and Saint Cirq Lapopie (via Montech and Moissac).
- San Sebastian (via Pau, Biarritz, St Jean de Luz, Pasajes).
(1) If any reader knows about such a source for the region (French South West), please, leave a comment below.